Erasmus Intensive Programme “New Media in Old Market” under the EU Lifelong Learning Programme
Education Exchanges Support Foundation, Lithuania
- Grant Agreement No. LLP-ERA-IP-2013-LT-0925
- Coordinating Institution: Kaunas University of Applied Sciences, Pramonės pr. 20, Kaunas, LT-50468 Lithuania
- Erasmus ID Code: LT KAUNAS08
- Erasmus University Charter (EUC)*: 60100-IC-1-2007-1-LT-ERASMUS-EUCX-1
- IP project duration period: 10-03-2014 – 22-03-2014
5,210 EUR cover administrative expenses
12,600 EUR cover 75% of travel expenses
13,944 EUR cover subsistence expenses
Total: 31, 754 EUR
7 teachers and 35 students from 7 different institutions (Denmark, Portugal, Spain, Lithuania, Belgium, Netherlands and Finland) – 1 teacher and 5 students from each.
- Mikkelin University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Karel de Grote University College, Belgium
Karel de Grote Hogeschool
- Utrecht University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Portugal
Instituto Politecnico do Porto
- Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education, Denmark
- Technical University of Catalunya, Spain
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
During the intensive programme period, students will have workshops to attend to and will also have to give small workshops to their colleagues about the subject matters related to the specific task they will perform during the second week of the IP. The students will transpose modern technology onto the ‘old model’ of a traditional market by creating live media, podcasts, mobile applications, web based applications and other digital marketing instruments.
IP will be organised in the period of time when a large annual folk arts and crafts fair “Kazimieras Fair 2014” will be held in Kaunas city and the largest pedestrian streets (Laisves avenue, Vilniaus str.) will become a huge marketplace.
The aim of the intensive programme is to develop Multimedia and technology students’ professional skills, to deepen their competences in cooperating with local communities by understanding their needs and apply them to real life situations.
- to give the students the opportunity to apply their knowledge in practical situations in development of e-concept solutions of interactive multimedia products which could serve for local salesmen on real markets;
- to give the students the opportunity to reflect knowledge on organisation of digital advertising campaigns and digital communication in general;
- to allow students to develop skills in a intercultural communication;
- to allow students to develop multidisciplinary and multicultural cooperation skills;
- to develop attitudes towards an active citizenship.
The IP will give an opportunity for students to deepen and update their knowledge in both theoretical and practical subjects in area of multimedia technology and media communication. The theoretical ones include storytelling, thematic conceptualization, marketing communication and e- concept development and critical thinking. The practical subjects include narrowcasting, computer programming, visualization and interaction development, as well as marketing and communication skills. The IP will provide students with possibilities to work in an international environment within multicultural groups of students that encourages critical and creative thinking in the particular circumstances.
Students will be developing cross-media digital communication strategies and on these bases will plan digital market communication concepts. Project participants will create conceptual prototypes of e-concept solutions, digital campaign materials, or other digital communication solutions. All intercultural issues will have to be practically applied in development of multimedia products. Students will work within groups by cooperating independently with other professional groups and external partners.
The work performed by the students will be recognized by the partners in form of 5 ECTS credits. Certificates issued by the coordinating institution will be given to the students in addition to the ECTS credits.